St Louis Police Veteran's Association City of St Louis Metropolitan Police Department City of Saint Louis Missouri Photo of Ninth District Police Station 2600 Dayton at North Jefferson Saint Louis Missouri
photo circa 1902
This building operated as the Ninth District from 1880 until 1936 .
The Ninth District in 1925 was bounded by Twenty Second & Jefferson on the East,
Vandeventer on the West, Washington & Delmar on the South and Natural Bridge on the North .
Ninth District Police Station
3021 Lucas ( now Samuel Sheppard )
Saint Louis Missouri
Erected in 1936
photo circa 1947
Architect Albert Osburg
Known as the " Lucas Street District Police Station ".
On the first floor were the offices, the report room, the holdover cells, the detective bureau, and other offices .
In the basement were the showers and lockers and the assembly room .
A garage was in the west side of the building .
This building closed as a police station operating for some 54 years as the Ninth District Police District .
Ninth district police operations was moved to the new
Central Patrol Area Command Station 919 North Jefferson
entering the 1990's .
photo circa 2008
March 7, 1915
The Washington Metropolitan African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church was establish
at the corner of Garrison and Lucas Avenue .
The Church originally owned the land where the Ninth District Police Building was located .
The land was later given to the City of Saint Louis to house the
Saint Louis Ninth District Police Station which was built in 1936 .
When the Ninth District police Station became defunct, the land and building was presented in 2003 to the
Washington Metropolitan A.M.E. Zion Church
to renovate the old Ninth District Police Station into a Community Center .