St Louis Police Veteran's Association 
City of St Louis Metropolitan Police Department 
 City of Saint Louis Missouri 

From 1861 to 1866 the Second District was located 220 Chestnut and called the Central District .
From 1866 until 1872 the Second District was located between Seventh and Eighth on Wyoming .
On June 30, 1870 a Police Sub Station was located at 2801 Laclede at Leffingwell and was part of the Second District .
From 1873 until 1937 the address changes to 3126 South Ninth and was the same as Eighth and Wyoming .
Photo
of
Second District Police Station
North East corner Eighth and Wyoming
1866 until 1872
Saint Louis Missouri
Photo of Second District Police Station 3126 South Ninth at Wyoming Saint Louis Missouri !
Second District Police Station
North East corner Eighth and Wyoming
Police Mounted Horse Stables are at the rear on the right
Erected 1880 - photo circa 1900 - cost $12,000.00
sub stations at
Meramec & Virginia and Arsenal & Gravois .
The Second District in 1925 was bounded on the North by Osceola, Chippewa on the South,
Shenandoah on the North and Compton and Grand on the West .
Photo of Second District Police Station NorthEast corner Eight and Wyoming Saint Louis Missouri !
3126 South Ninth at Wyoming
1873 until 1937
In this photo a few years later, the smoke stacks are no longer on the building and there is a new building on the left .
The horse stables are at the right and in the rear of the police station,
the stable building might still be standing in 2008 as part of the Anheuser Busch complex .

Photo in year 2008 of Anheuser Busch Buildings old Police Stable Saint Louis Missouri !
Photo circa 2008
The building at 3126 South Ninth is no longer standing, but the police district's horse stable is still there .
The building to the left of the old stable was added on at some date to replace a ganeway at the rear of the police building .
The parking lot on the left is where the Second District Police Station once stood .
Today in 2008 the North East corner of Eighth and Wyoming is part of the Anheuser Busch complex .
Photo in year 1902 of Anheuser Busch Saint Louis Missouri !
Photo circa 1902
Photo
of
Second District Police Station
2634 Hampton
Saint Louis Missouri
Photo of Second District Police Station 2634 Hampton Saint Louis Missouri !
Erected 1937 .
photo circa 1947
Architect Albert Osburg
On the first floor were the offices, the report room, the holdover cells, the detective bureau,and other offices .
In the basement were the showers and lockers and the assembly room .
A garage was in the south side of the building with an entrance in the rear and an exit onto Hampton .
In the rear was a parking lot with a service builing on the southeast corner of the lot .
The building is now used by City Saint Louis Fire Department of Emergency Medical Service to house the ambulances services .
This building closed as a police station operating for some 53 years as the Second District Police District .
Second district police operations were moved to the new
South Patrol Area Command Station 3157 Sublette
entering the 1990's .
  Return To  

Saint Louis Police Veteran's Association Home Web Page! Saint Louis Police Veteran's Historical Illustrated Photos Main Page Saint Louis Police Veteran's Association Home Web Page!