St Louis Police Veteran's Association City of St Louis Metropolitan Police Department City of Saint Louis Missouri
From 1867 to 1893 the Fifth District was the known as the Police Mounted Patrol and located at 2835 Market .
Photo of Fifth District Police Station 2332 North Tenth at North Market Saint Louis Missouri
Erected 1893 - photo circa 1902 - cost $17,000.00
The Fifth District at 2322-32 North Tenth at North Market from 1893 to 1938 .
The Fifth District in 1925 was bounded by Cass on the South, Bremen on the North,
Venter and Clayton on the NorthWest and the Mississippi River on the East .
This building closed as a police station operating for some 45 years as the Fifth District Police District .
Photo of Fifth District Police Station 1901 Penrose at Nineteenth Saint Louis Missouri
photo circa 1947
Architect Albert Osburg
Known as the " Penrose District Police Station ".
On the first floor were the offices, the report room, the holdover cells, the detective bureau, and other offices .
In the basement was the assembly room, firing range, showers and lockers .
A garage was in the west side of the building .
This building closed as a police station operating for some 52 years as the Fifth District Police District .
Fifth district police operations were moved to the new
Central Patrol Area Command Station 919 North Jefferson
entering the 1990's .
Photo of Fifth District Police Station Holdover containing eight cells .
Photo of Fifth District Police Station after the police station was closed . The front door has been modified .
The Fallout Sign on the front of the Fifth District Police Station in the above photo .