St Louis Police Veteran's Association City of St Louis Metropolitan Police Department City of Saint Louis Missouri Photo
Eighth District Police Station
2801 Laclede at Leffingwell in 1902
Saint Louis Missouri Served as Eighth District Police Station from 1880 to 1936
Apparently a new building was proposed by the Police Board and may have or was built at
2827 Manchester in circa 1907, the same location as 2801 Laclede, or on the same city lot
and there is no known image of the new building .
Photo circa 1902
In 1925 the Eighth District was bounded by Twenty Second on the East, Vandeventer on the West,
Chouteau on the South and on the North by Washington and than Delmar .
In 1870 this building was a sub station of the Second District .
In 1870 this building became the new Mounted Police District, a fifth district for the city .
In 1870 the police station was near the Wedge House Hotel on Laclede and Manchester .
In those years and in 1902 the street Market ended at Jefferson .
Laclede began going west from Jefferson and at Laclede and Beaumont, Manchester split and began heading South West
off of Laclede going towards present day Chouteau and Vandenventer, to hook up with present day Manchester .
In the late 1930's this section of old Manchester was razed for the present day United States Highway 40 - 64 .
The address 2827 Manchester would have been about Manchester and Leffingwell
or present day the area of 2800 block of Clark at Ewing .
Missouri History Museum Photo of City Saint Louis Police Officers circa 1907 Photo of Eighth District Police Station 1430 Deer at Easton ( now Martin Luther King ) Saint Louis Missouri
photo circa late 1947
Architect Albert Osburg
Prior to 1962, this was the Tenth District Police Station .
Known as the " Deer Street District Police Station ".
On the first floor were the offices, the report room, the holdover cells, the detective bureau, and other offices .
In the basement were the showers and lockers and the assembly room .
A garage was in the south side of the building .
This building closed as a police station operating for some 28 years as the Eighth District Police District .
Eighth district police operations were moved to the new
North Patrol Area Command Station 4014 Union entering the 1990's .