St Louis Police Veteran's Association City of St Louis Metropolitan Police Department City of Saint Louis Missouri Photo of Tenth District Police Station 4548 Easton Saint Louis Missouri
photo circa 1902
The Tenth District in 1925 was bounded by Vandeventer on the East,
Union on the West, Natural Bridge & Labadie on the North and Delmar on the South .
From June 1891 till 1902 this was the Sixth District Police Station .
In March 1880 the citizens of the area around Deer and St Charles Road ( Easton ) gave the land or lot
located at the southeast corner of 4548 Easton at Deer to the City of Saint Louis for a police station .
The locations 1430 Deer and 4548 Easton are the same city lot in the City of Saint Louis .
Both of these police structures were on the same lot and at the same location, just different addresses .
The Police Station at 1430 Deer is at the rear of the parcel of land
the Police Station at 4548 Easton was at the front of the parcel of land .
Easton Avenue is now Martin Luther King Drive .
Easton Avenue was once known as Saint Charles Road .
Photo of Tenth District Police Station 1430 Deer at Easton Saint Louis Missouri
photo circa 1947
Architect Albert Osburg
Known as the " Tenth District Police Station ".
On the first floor were the offices, the report room, the holdover cells, the detective bureau, and other offices .
In the basement were the showers and lockers and the assembly room .
A garage was in the south side of the building .
In 1962 this police station became the Eighth District Police Station .
This building closed as a police station operating for some 27 years as the Tenth District Police District
and 54 years as a police station .
Eighth district police operations were moved to the new
North Patrol Area Command Station 4014 Union
entering the 1990's .