St Louis Police Veteran's Association City of St Louis Metropolitan Police Department City of Saint Louis Missouri Photo of Twelfth District Police Station 1300 North Union at Page Saint Louis Missouri
photo circa 1947
Erected 1908 at a cost of $35,959.00
Architects J. A. Smith and W. R. Faulkner
Contractor McCully Construction Company
The Twelfth District in 1925 was bounded by the City Limits on the West,
Kingshighway on the East, Lindell on the South and North Market on the North .
These were the days when Page Avenue was "U S Highway 40" and fireboxes were on every corner .
The building is constructed of a warm, light brown speckled brick of variegated tones,
the main body of the building is a rectangular block,
seventy-seven feet by forty feet, with walls sixteen inches thick.
The building featured 16 inch-thick walls, a large gymnasium on the third floor .
The Police Mounted Patrol Horse Stable was located at the North end of the building .
The Twelfth District building was known as the Page Boulevard Police Station .
Reorganization into fewer police districts the doors were first closed in 1963 .
The Police Department reopen the station in 1966 as the Seventh District Police Station .
The doors shut again in late 1973 as a police station .
The Seventh District Police moved their police district to 5240 Enright at Union .
The Police Mounted Patrol's stable turned into a garage that for a time housed the city's only
1908 Electric Studebaker Chain Driven Patrol Wagon,
This was the first motorized patrol wagon and required a daily recharging .
when the neighborhood demanded that the smelly horses be removed .
Photo of the likeness of 1908 Electric Studebaker Chain Driven Patrol Wagon
Studebaker 1902-1912, Studebaker Brothers Manufacturing Co, South Bend Indinia.
Studebaker produced 1,841 electric chain driven cars were made before they went gas only.
Studebaker became a Corporation in 1911 and decided the future lay in gasoline-powered engines .
The Twelfth District Police Station's Stable in 1979 . Inside, the stable was faced with glazed white brick .
The Twelfth District Police Station was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1979 .
The Page Police Station was demolished in February of 1997 .
In the year 2008 the lot has been landscaped as a corner park,
with some benches and what looks like a small community garden .
Photo of the Marie W. Flower Park 1300 North Union at Page, the former home of the Page Boulevard Police Station .